31 August 2012

Live the Questions



Six weeks in, or something like that. I am loving these interviews; I am learning, laughing, and listening. This is what I do best. Tell me about you.

I have to laugh at myself when I look around and notice all the ways I have become so pro at focusing outward, at holding my heart at arms length, ready to feel for the whole world. Anything to distract from feeling me.

I salute and high-five all of the folks who find ways to sit in their own spotlight and feel what they're feeling. This takes courage. Wisdom happens when the head and the heart meet. I am getting there, slow and steady.

My dog is helping me meet my own tenderness; so is this,

be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not seek now the answers, which can not be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. 

Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer. 

- Rainer Maria Rilke, 1903 (Letters to a Young Poet)

7 comments:

  1. One of my favorite quotes of all time. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful reflections -- you're doing good work here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *oof!* this hit home. all of it. i love it. and i love the trajectory of this reincarnation of the project. well done, (2nd) cuz!

    nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! i hope to bump into you soon! xo

      Delete
    2. agreed! it's been way too long! nicole xo

      Delete