30 July 2012

Charlie and Alex on Summer Camp


1 - Tell me three things about yourself aside from having gone to camp.

A – I play hockey. I like sports. I’m addicted to video games.
C – My favorite sport is hockey. I like swimming. And I love trampolines.

2 - How old are you?

11.

3 - How do you guys know each other?

We met at Laura Secord School in Grade 3.

      4 - Which camp did you recently go to?

Camp Stephens.

      5 - How long were you there?

We were there for 12 days.

      6 - Can you describe the camp for me?

It’s mainly a sports and water activities camp, like kayaking, canoeing and sailing. It is a boys and girls camp, but boys and girls are separated into different cabins. It’s on a little foresty island in the middle of Lake of the Woods.

      7 - How many kids were there and what ages were they?

Probably around 200 kids, 8-17 years old.

      8 - Was it your first time at summer camp?

C – It was my third. A – It was my first.

      9 - What was the best part?

Being in each others' cabin.

      10 - What was the craziest thing you did while you were there?

 We snuck a bunch of junkfood at midnight with our first counsellor, while there was section coordinator right around the corner! He didn’t know until we told him. We were not allowed to have pop, but we sure drank it that night!

      11 - What was the funnest thing you did?

Sneaking junk food, water trampolining and Camp Stephens Games.

      12 -  How was the food? What was the best meal?

Delicious. Chicken and fries.

      13 - Who was the best counselor out there and why?

Ben. Because he was really nice to the kids.

      14 - Did you miss home?

C  - No, because it was my third time there.
A – At the end I was happy to be going home. I started missing my little brother after talking to him on the phone.

      15 - How did you get through hard times?

We just sat in our bunks. Our counsellor would bring in tonnes of junk food when we were sad.

      16 - Did you make new friends or just stick to the people you knew?

We made new camp friends. But we didn't get their phone numbers.

      17 - How did you feel the day you were coming home?

A - Very, very happy. I'm very emotional.
C - And a bit sad to leave camp and all of our friends. 

      18 - What is your best memory from camp?

Getting candy!!


      19 - Do you think you’ll go back next year?

Definitely! It’ll be better, because we’ll have a better counsellor. Our counsellor this year was mean, and broke every single camp rule.

      20 - How do you think you changed because of going to camp?

A – I’m stronger.
C – I learned more about trails, and overnight canoe trips.


5 comments:

  1. 16 - Did you make new friends or just stick to the people you knew?

    We made new camp friends. But we didn't get their phone numbers.




    Tragic. Also, this is the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! They came to the realization that they didn't get any numbers as I was asking the question. So sad!!

      Delete
    2. Tiff you beat me to the punch! I laughed aloud at no. 16 also and had full intentions of quoting it here. Good one Jen. Solid interview. I am really digging your new Q & A style. "I am very emotional". Oh Alex, so tender.

      Delete